Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rice Krispies Treats

Rice Krispies Treats!  I usually have my cookie jar replenished once every week or so.  But, it's getting close to swimsuit season again, so the cookie jar has remained empty.  Abbie wanted some cookies, so I suggested Rice Krispies Treats instead.  I've made a couple of small changes to the original recipe- but according to my calculations, each bar is worth only 1 Weight Watchers point.  Yum!

Rice Krispies Treats
1 tbs. unsalted butter
5 oz. regular marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Lightly grease, or spray a 9" X 9" cake pan.  Put marshmallows into a microwave safe bowl with the unsalted butter.  Microwave on high 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.  Put Rice Krispies into a large bowl.  Add the marshmallow mixture to the cereal and mix thoroughly.  
Press into prepared pan.  Allow to cool.  (I usually put the pan in the fridge).  Cut into 16 squares.

No comments: